The atv thumb throttle lock is a great way to keep your hands free while riding your ATV. This device attaches to your handlebars and locks your throttle in place, so you don’t have to hold it down with your thumb. It’s perfect for trail riding, mud riding, or any other time when you need both hands free.
What is an ATV thumb throttle lock?
An ATV thumb throttle lock is a device that is used to secure the throttle in a closed position. This prevents the engine from revving up when the vehicle is not in use and keeps the ATV safe when it is being stored or transported. The thumb throttle lock is easy to install and use, and is an essential piece of safety equipment for any ATV owner.
How does an ATV thumb throttle lock work?
An ATV thumb throttle lock is a device that is installed on the handlebars of an ATV. It is designed to prevent the throttle from being accidentally activated when the ATV is not in use. The device consists of a locking mechanism that engages the throttle when it is in the locked position. This prevents the throttle from moving and prevents the engine from being started.
Pros and cons of using an ATV thumb throttle lock
An ATV thumb throttle lock is a device that can be used to lock the throttle in place, preventing the rider from accidentally accelerating. This can be beneficial in situations where the rider needs to maintain a steady speed, such as when crossing a river or driving on a slippery surface. However, there are also some potential drawbacks to using an ATV thumb throttle lock.
One potential downside of an ATV thumb throttle lock is that it can make it difficult to adjust your speed when necessary. If you encounter a sudden obstacle in your path, for example, you may need to quickly reduce your speed but find that your thumb throttle lock is preventing you from doing so.
Additionally, if you need to make a sudden stop, releasing the throttle lock can be tricky and may result in an accident.
Another potential issue with an ATV thumb throttle lock is that it can create a false sense of security for the rider. Just because the throttle is locked in place doesn’t mean that the ATV can’t accelerate suddenly if the rider makes a mistake.
Riders should always be aware of their surroundings and be prepared to react quickly even when using an ATV thumb throttle lock.
Where to purchase an ATV thumb throttle lock
There are many places where you can purchase an ATV thumb throttle lock. You can find them at most hardware stores, or online retailers like Amazon.
When choosing an ATV thumb throttle lock, make sure to pick one that is made of high-quality materials and is easy to install. Also, check the reviews to see what other customers have said about the product before making your final decision.
How to install an ATV thumb throttle lock
An ATV thumb throttle lock is a great way to keep your throttle from accidentally getting bumped while you’re driving. Here’s how to install one:
1. Begin by removing the old grip from the handlebar. If it’s held on with screws, use a screwdriver to remove them. If it’s held on with adhesive, heat up the grip with a hair dryer or heat gun until it becomes soft and pliable, then peel it off.
2. Clean the inside of the handlebar so that there’s no residue left behind from the old grip.
3. Slide the new grip onto the handlebar, making sure that it’s positioned in the same spot as the old one. If it’s held on with screws, use a screwdriver to tighten them down. If it’s held on with adhesive, apply pressure to the grip until it bonds to the handlebar.
4. Attach the thumb throttle lock to the grip using the included hardware. Make sure that it’s positioned so that you’ll be able to reach the thumb lever when you need to unlock it.
5. Test out the thumb throttle lock to make sure that it works properly before hitting the trail!